Tuesday 7 June 2011

Tons happened


Just a few blog post and its already June, the month where the census project ends and so does my contract. I worked a lot harder the last month due to my overall weak performance (too lazy) and thus and I didn't have much time to look around and take pictures. Outside of my work however, many more interesting things happened, like my pilot assessment or E3 which saw the revealing of many game trailer which is so totally awesome!!!~

*Warning! Text heavy part*


Last week, I went to KL for my Air Asia Cadet assessment by ETS. The silver class ticket only cost RM25 and you get another RM5 discount if you have a student card. Silver class stops at almost every station but that takes about 15 more minutes than the gold class which cost RM10 more. 2 hour 30 minutes vs 2 hour 15 minutes, that 15 minutes you save will cost you RM10. To me, it doesn't seem like much of a deal. However, there is more gold class train runs per-day compared to silver and/or platinum.
It gets boring taking the train alone ok?
The one thing that irks me is the on-board movie. Its broadcasted on a small screen (about 23" I think) on the front or back of the train car and there is no sound. You just read the subtitles from afar. I sat near the middle of the train and it wasn't easy to read the small subtitles and watch the movie even when I have 6/6 vision ( or so I think xD ). Furthermore, the screen loses its signal every few minutes. I don't mind them showing Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets but at least keep the show on the screen constantly. One moment I was watching the boy wizard fight the basilisk and suddenly the screen shows the 'no signal' symbol and when the signal is back, the basilisk is already dead.

When I did arrive in KL I went to Lowyat Plaza and looked around for a Razer Kabuto ( its a gaming mouse pad ) which I intend to buy as a present for my cousin. After checking all the shops, I noticed that the price was all the same. During my search, I saw a lot of the hardware that I would want inside my own rig but sadly I can't afford any of it. Anyway, I thought the money I spent for the mouse pad would be worth it, until my cousin posted a picture of it on facebook and labeled it "razor"

On the 2nd day, I went for my cadet pilot assessment at the Air Asia academy. I arrived rather early and I made friends with a few Malay boys from Sarawak. The place is very new and has a very modern feel to it. After having breakfast in the cafeteria, the first test begun.The invigilators were so very strict and one of them was very very very sarcastic if I might say so. Quite a few of the candidates had to put away their calculator because they used the new ES series scientific calculator instead of the FX series. The subjects that we were tested on was physics, mathematics, English and IQ. The physics paper was very easy to me since its one of my favorite subjects. Math was a little tricky but I still managed to finish it. English was just a pain in the ass to read. The IQ test however, is freaking hard (for me at least, it is). It made me feel like I was a retard with IQ lower than a baboon.All the people who talked to me there is either Malay or Indian, not that I'm being racist but I guess with my looks, no Chinese would ever assume I'm one. Even the Malays thought I was a Malay from a different state.
Look at the tired dude in blue.
When the test was over, I went over to Ikea ( YAY FOR IKEA). I just walked around and sat on almost every couch and lied on every bed. Those things are so damn comfy! I also got to enjoy some of my favourite food there like the meatballs and the ice-cream. The size of the ice-cream got a lot smaller from the last time I had one though, almost half. Then I just walked around in Ikano and checked out the pet shop. Got myself scared by a fake spider doll in the process, lol~
Cats : All your base are belong to us!

*text heavy part ends here*

E3 2011 begun yesterday ( I think) and with it came loads of new game trailers. I watched quite a few and it was all amazing. Trailers nowadays looks like they come from a high budget movie or something which the gameplay trailers makes me seriously considering a full upgrade on my com ASAP. The following are some of the videos which I find to be AWESOME~
(watch it in HD if possible)

(Assassin's Creed : Revelations, gotta love the music)






(Star Wars : The Old Republic, yet another awesomely cool opening cinematic)







(Battlefield 3 tank gameplay)






I'm downloading these video as I'm writing this post >:D

No comments:

Post a Comment