Thursday 4 August 2011

Hmmm, this site looks awefully familiar,.. OH!!! ITS MY BLOG.

Been so long since I last updated my blog that I almost forgot I had one.
Was just too busy wasting life after my contract finished. lol
Everyday its just Black Ops, eat and sleep.
Anyway,read on for some stuff from when I was still productive.


The first day I was sent to do census in Kuala Kangsar, I choose to slack off the whole day with my colleague. Classic. We then decided to take a walk at the parks beside the river and played around like little kids. YAY!!!!~
I even saw this crocodile in the river. Scary~
Can you see it? If only it was really a crocodile.


















Kuala Kangsar was quite a big place, not that it has a lot of shops like Ipoh town but the area is spread out way bigger. Thus, it took us quite a lot of time to finish the few files we were assigned. I'm too lazy to go on about the town so I'll just put a few pictures.

Beef pau for lunch

Add caption

Once again, wasting time


















































Besides that, I saw an accident happen right behind me(more or less). I was at the row of  the green coloured building when I suddenly heard a loud bang. I was interviewing one of the shop owners so I couldn't be bothered by it at all as I was in quite a rush. When I was done, I turned back and saw the bus crashed into the lamppost and the police just happens to pass by then. From what I heard, the bus experienced brake failures and couldn't stop. If it missed the lamppost it would have been hit by big lorries. The scary thing is that the bus was just a few meters away from me when I was walking towards the shops. Walk any slower and it would've crushed me instead. O.o
The bus driver got his license taken away by the police and got arrested immediately.



























The files I got even included Kampung Jerlun. Its a few km away from K.Kangsar town. It's a small Chinese village with only a few shops in the center although there was a multipurpose hall for a nearby school's old student association. The place was infested with flies. Everywhere I went there was flies beside me. It was a lot worse in the local market. I almost stepped on a gigantic patch of flies on the floor. There was so many of them that I didn't even suspect that they were flies. Just one jet black patch on the ground. When I was rounding the place for other shops I saw this
Someone decided to trim his/her hedge to be shaped like a gold ingot



































There was a few days that I followed the auditors to other places to do census and I saw amazing things as well.
First, Kuala Kurau. Its a fishing village that has a road that stretches a few kilometers along the river. There was houses, boat garage and shops along the whole road and I had to walk. Anyway, at the "business center" of the village there was a few coffee shop and I had lunch there. The toilet there has a truly amazing system. I asked the shop owner where is the toilet and he told me its at the back. Then he dug through his drawer and gave me a key.
The key and toilet in question



































There was a number "57" written on it and the toilet door. I was wondering why the heck would they do that as there was only ONE toilet and I finally found out that 57 is their shop number. Still, that's not the best part. The best part is that the toilet is not locked (as you can see in the picture).

On to Sungkai, where I worked alone in the town. Sungkai is a small town in between Bidor and KL (I think.... lol) and its famous for its hot spring. The town itself is very old and so is its population. However, I did not expect to find something like this

































This shop is hidden behind a food court and I thought it was abandoned of something, until I peeked inside. There was an old lady sitting there manning the shop. The inventory inside was truly sad. She only had a few packets of 3-in-1 nescafe mix, a few bar of soap and a few tins of butter cookies (which I found out later that its actually empty and its just decoration). She was so happy to see me going into her shop and she talked non stop about the shops past, her children and herself. Turns out she used to be a constable under the British High Commission when Malaysia was still under British rule. I found out this when I asked for her name. She told me people used to call her Madam Wong. She then went on to dig out a small red book from her small paper bag containing all her valuables. Inside was her picture when she was in her twenties and also the signature of the British dude who was in charge. She told me a lot of interesting stories but I won't write it here because this post is already very very long.

Below are a few more pictures during the last few days of my census work
As always, the map lied to me.

Driving home at 120KM/h and taking a picture.

This is actually a grocery shop. WTF MAN?!

What I brought along to work, for the last time. Kinda sad actually

My clipboard mange to stay in 1 piece until the very end. I'm proud of it, sobs

No comments:

Post a Comment