Saturday 19 March 2011

Rather boring week + Sukan Perak ( very very long post)

I've been working in Ipoh New town for the whole week. Its a lot less interesting than places outside Ipoh although I did chatted a lot with the shop owner. According to last year's records, there is about 270 shops and with the inclusion of telecommunication stores, my supervisor told me its gonna be at least 330 shops this year, and so my quest begins(lol?)


Monday - worked alone. Listed about 20+ outlets, rained at about 4. Stupidly heavy rain stopped me dead in my tracks so I called it a day. Was feeling lazy the whole day anyway xD

Tuesday- Rushed to Sri Iskandar after a call from my Taekwondo classmate. Apparently I got 3rd place in the Poomsae competition(more on that later). I thought the prize giving ceremony would only take awhile but I never expected that they would leave a few matches for the VIP to see. When they were finally done I was already very very late. Reached Ipoh at about 3, had lunch and rushed to work. I only managed to list a few shops that day.

Wednesday - Saw some funny stuff during work. Nothing special besides that.
Someone added in an extra 'i', its something that i had always wanted to try































These are keys that are cemented to the floor. Don't ask me why or how, I want to know it myself







































Thursday - Another normal day, nothing much

Friday - Same old same old, just that it rained so hard halfway that I got wet standing in the corridors. Sat outside someone's shop and "blow water" for about and hour with my friend.

Saturday - Had zero mood to work, still had to though.



Anyway, let me take this chance to boast about the competition I went to last Saturday (Hehehe, I'm being a narcissist)
I went for Sukan Perak(SuPer). It was my first time taking part in a state level competition in Taekwondo and I was far from being ready for it. I was too lazy to practice my poomsae patterns  everyday and only went for class once a week. Deep down, I felt that my chances of winning was close to zero. Anyway, I gave it my best shot.
I arrived in Sri Iskandar one day before my competition and checked into a homestay. The house was supposed to be super packed because the kinta boys team is rather big, but the rest of them had no idea that they would be staying overnight. In the end, only 3 person was staying over in the boys house - me, another malay boy and one instructor. We could just choose any of the 3 rooms and have it all to ourselves, lol.
Then I found out that all of the participants would get a set of clothes with SuPer VI logo - a jacket, track bottom and a collar T. Each district would get a different colour scheme and my district(Kinta) got gray.

The T-Shirt, courtesy of ador(never heard of it really)
The jacket and track bottom, also courtesy of ador
























My event ended in less than 5 minutes, bummer




































Besides the clothes, all of us got RM95 allowance, and I did not expect to be paid in any way at all.
I spent some of the money on dinner and some snacks.

On the day of the competition, it was so not a good day. Got woken up by the instructor at 7 something and had to prepare to leave at once. Not even a chance for me to laze around. sad.
After breakfast, the rest of the Kinta team went to the IKBN where the competition is held. I waited from 8.30 till 10 for my event to even begin. Honestly, I spent many many hours just waiting.
I was the 3rd person to go out and I did my first compulsory pattern, which I then proceeded to pick the next one which is random. I got the one I feared the most and even made mistakes halfway through. Everything was over in less than 5minutes and I just waited until 5pm to go back to Ipoh.

With performance that bad, I never though I would even stand a chance of getting anything but miraculously I did get third place. Now, to show off my medal. hehehe




































All the things I got from SuPer. Check out the gay pink box

No comments:

Post a Comment