Monday 11 April 2011

GAMES GAMES GAMES

Lately I've spent almost all of my free time playing games, mostly single player games.
2 weeks ago I bought Assassin's Creed : Brotherhood. I had quite a lot of fun playing it since I've always been a fan of Assassin's Creed. The assassin's eagle beak like hood looked as awesome as it did and the hidden blade is just amazing.


Few days later, my pre-ordered Limited Edition Crysis 2 arrived through the office courier. I was compiling the file together when my supervisor told me that there is a package for me. It's one of the most amazing feeling I have ever experienced in my life so far. Maybe pictures would explain what I'm trying to say better.

Just got the parcel
                                                                                 

Tore open the parcel and all I saw was an old ink cartridge box - WTF?!

RAWR *Rips the box open and pulls out whats inside with immense strength*

Crysis 2 : MAXIMUM.GAME.

Heck I don't care what happens to me, as long as I have the game.

OMG OMG OMG OMGWTFBBQ~

*AMAZING*
Took another shot when I reached home. Still totally awesome!!!!!!1!!~

Top right - Game disc, Top left - Game manual, Bottom - Limited Edition Redemption Card

The game wasn't without flaws though. Quite a few bugs made the game the worst experience you can find on the market. Luckily I went through Crysis 2's official forum. They launched a new patch the following week which addressed a few of the flaws.

The awesome graphics in the game really is something to behold. However, there is a lot of complain on the forum that the game does not support dx11 and everyone is raging about it. My card doesn't have dx11 support so I don't really mind though.
Then, last Saturday my cousin sent me Minecraft. I've seen the game being shown on Kotaku numerous times but never really tried it because the game looks awfully addictive. Not surprisingly, it really is super addictive. The best part, the game installer is only 600KB+. Start the game and it downloads the textures online, which takes a few minutes. Then your all set to go!

Feels kinda weird since few days ago I was playing games with this kind of graphics -




















Now I'm playing a game with this kinda graphics -

No comments:

Post a Comment