Saturday 16 April 2011

Getting used to it

After working for such a long period (at least to me it is long), I'm finally starting to get used to the job. No matter how lazy I feel or how I don't feel motivated to work, I still do work, though I do complain a lot. The only thing that is really stopping me from working is the rain. Lately its been raining cats and dogs every afternoon or evening. Motivated or not, I still can't proceed and that really makes me sad. Every moment I spend not working is every ringgit I'm losing. For my job, time really does equals money.

Anyway, a few weeks ago, I went to Sitiawan with the other auditors for census work. Those who are not driving gets placed in business centers while those who drove goes around listing the isolated shops. I was not driving and I got posted in Lumut. The locals are quite friendly but most of the Chinese merchants are still a-holes even in Lumut. The thing I notice about Lumut is that all the shops are doing the same business. The types of shops there are just plain sad. Every shop is a clone of the one beside it. Some of the shops even have same bosses. There is this provision shop there with 4 different shops. Each shop with a name slightly different from the original. Guess you don't have to be creative to do business in Lumut huh?

Working in Lumut is quite a different experience than in other places. Other than most of the shops being identical, the area is very windy also due to it being located beside the sea. I had trouble holding down my listing forms due to the wind. It just blows it around wildly every time I lift my hand up. Besides, for the first time during my work, someone gave me a bottle of water for free. After I finished the interview, I told the lady operating the stall I wanted to buy a bottle of water. She just opened the fridge and ask me what I want and I can have it for free. I was really delighted by the kind offer. On the second day, another old lady insisted that I have a cup of iced chinese tea. Although its not something expensive, but you have to take note that the old lady makes less than RM50 a day. She told me business is not going well lately due to newer, bigger stalls being opened close to hers and yet she was still generous enough to offer me drinks for free. The bigger and nicer shops owners are usually super paranoid and don't even dare to let you know their address (which I still can get from the shops nearby).
                                                                                                                                                                    
What a nice scenery, if only I wasn't working I would sit down and enjoy the view. Sigh



























A new jetty complex in Teluk Batik. Very nice place to relax and unwind.



























On the first night, our supervisor took us to the new jetty complex for a karaoke session. Since I don't really listen to chinsese songs, I choose to walk out and enjoy the breeze. They even have some kind of lounge chairs for you to sit on. Its made out of nets by the way. Too dark for me to take a picture off.


Anyway, I went to Klebang with my colleague today for work. That place is freaking windy. I would say its worse than Lumut. Had sand being blown into my eyes constantly. Even my cap almost flew off.
I'm not sure if the picture can show how windy the place is.



























Look at his hair. Usually its combed down-right, like those typical chinese dude's hair
Random picture-of-the-day : Look at the fat cat!

No comments:

Post a Comment